Mission & Vision
The Healthy Aging dietetic practice group members believe the health and wellness of older adults is improved by optimal nutrition and physical activity. Our members are a valued source of information on healthy aging.
• Translate cutting-edge research into evidence-based practices
• Advocate to reduce hunger, food insecurity and health disparities
• Promote independence and well being through health promotion, chronic disease management strategies and public policy advocacy
• Lead the future of dietetics in the aging community
• Have valuable member benefits that enhance practice and collaboration.
Our Mission: Empowering and supporting members to be food and nutrition leaders promoting life-long wellness.
Our Vision: Optimizing longevity and wellness in aging through food and nutrition.
- Build and support a diverse membership.
- Promote evidence-based practices related to food and nutrition for the older adult.
- Influence food, nutrition, and wellness policies and initiatives related to older adults.
- Inform members about trends and policies related to food, nutrition, wellness and physical activity for older adults.