Academy Webinar: Food Service Guidelines for Federal Facilities: How Dietitians Can Use in Various Settings
Description: The Food Service Guidelines for Federal Facilitiesprovide nutrition and operational guidance to inform contracts in federal facilities. Although they were written by a coalition of 9 federal agencies, they are applicable to many other public and private facilities, including worksites, hospitals, parks and recreation, and more. The goals of the Food Service Guidelines for Federal Facilities are designed to ensure that:
- Healthier foods and beverages are available and encouraged at federal facilities;
- Environmentally responsible practices are conducted in federal food service venues;
- Communities are economically supported through local food sourcing;
- Food safety practices are followed to minimize the risk of foodborne illnesses.
Dietitians can play a critical role in facilitating the use of food service guidelines in various settings. This webinar will provide an overview of the Food Service Guidelines for Federal Facilities, explain how dietitians can help promote and implement food service guidelines, and describe a case study on the use of food service guidelines in a state program.
1) Outline sections of the Food Service Guidelines for Federal Facilities and describe highlights of the guidance they provide
2) Describe how food service guidelines can be incorporated into contractual agreements for food service
3) Apply Food Service Guidelines for Federal Facilities in various settings
Register via the link below.