Welcome to the Healthy Aging (HA) Dietetic Practice Group!
The Healthy Aging DPG members work in many different environments but we all have one thing in common – we believe that we can make a positive impact on wellness in older adults. We have spent the last few years solidifying our mission and vision. Our next goal is to develop additional resources to help our DPG members carry out our mission. We had a very exciting Spring EC Meeting brainstorming on this subject and we have a long list of wonderful ideas. To learn more about our DPG or if you’re interested in being involved in our resource development projects please feel free to contact our Executive Committee.
Maureen Janowski, RD, LDN, CSG, FAND
We have a volunteer opportunity for an Associate Editor - learn more here.
Our member benefits include:
- Free CPEU via educational webinars, self-study newsletter articles and self-study webinars
- Available research and education grants
- An exceptional newsletter and additional supplement issues
- Regular communication via our monthly e-update
- Updates on issues important to you
- Resources to support you if you are studying for the CSG certification exam
- An online discussion board
Our Mission: Empowering and supporting members to be food and nutrition leaders promoting life-long wellness.
Our Vision: Optimizing longevity and wellness in aging through food and nutrition.
Learn more about Healthy Aging DPG here!
Curious about why you should join Healthy Aging DPG?
Watch this very short video!
The HA-DPG members believe the health of older adults is improved by optimal nutrition and physical activity. Our members are a valued source of information on healthy aging.
• Translate cutting-edge research into evidence-based practices
• Advocate to reduce hunger, food insecurity and health disparities
• Promote independence and well being through health promotion, chronic disease management strategies and public policy advocacy
• Lead the future of dietetics in the aging community
• Have valuable member benefits that enhance practice and collaboration.
We have several self-study newsletter articles (with a quiz) and recorded webinars for CPEU. Log in to the member side of the website for webinar details here